National Federation of Music Clubs hosts a Federation Festival each spring. This year the festival will be held on March 4, 2023. The cost is $23 to enter. Students play 2 songs by memory for a judge and receives comments. Students earn points to receive a cup. The cup takes, at a minimum, 3 years to earn. Students receive a rating. If they receive a "Superior" rating then they have the opportunity to enter in the State Federation Festival Competition later in the Spring (Date TBA if being held) in Milwaukee. There is a cost to enter the State competition. One song is chosen from a list of American Composers that Mrs. Statz has at the studio. The other song just needs to be from a different composer in a different style. While at the District event, students perform 2 pieces as listed above, at the state event, they only play their Required piece (by the American composer). To learn more you may also visit the Federation website: http://www.wfmc-music.org/
Website where music selections are hosted: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqV5ke88shhJAFVF4DB1D0A
- This festival can provide a second opportunity for those entering in WMTA Auditions to be able to get some feed back on their songs before entering the WMTA Auditions in March.
- This festival can provide an opportunity for students who wish to not participate in the WMTA auditions but still participate in a festival and get feedback on their performance of prepared music.
- Students do enter both WMTA Auditions as well as Federation Festival. However, they may choose one or the other for a variety of reasons including available dates.
- Caleb B. - P4 - Sea Mist by James Bastien& (B) Bouree in d minor by Christoph Graulpner P: Hal Leonard
- Kate B. - E1 - Midnight Express by Christopher Fisher & (C) Burlesque by Leopold Mozart P: Hal Leonard
- Mandy D. - P4 - Sea Mist by James Bastian & C-Sonatina in C Major by William Duncombe P: Hal Leonard
- Gloria G. - P1 - I Have the "Purr-fect" Cat by Kevin Costley & (TC) Ferris Wheel by N&R Faber P: Hal Leonard
- Graham G. - P2 - Spirit of the Stallion by Elizabeth Gutierrez & (C) Minuet by Alexander Reinagle P: Hal Leonard
- Grace H. - E1 - Danse Caprice by Timothy Brown & (C) Sonatina in G by Thomas Attwood P: FJH
- Claire K. - P1 - Cha Cha Chase by Emilie Lin & My Daydream by N&R Faber P: Hal Leonard
- Jacob S. - P2 - Jumpin' June Bugs! by Kevin Olson & Allegro by Alexander Reinagle P: FJH Music