National Federation of Music Clubs hosts a Federation Festival each spring. This year the festival will be held on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at UWEC. The cost is $20 to enter. Students play 2 songs by memory for a judge and receives comments. Students earn points to receive a cup. The cup takes, at a minimum, 3 years to earn. Students receive a rating. If they receive a "Superior" rating then they have the opportunity to enter in the State Federation Festival Competition later in the Spring (This year it will be on May 18, 2019) in Milwaukee. The cost to enter the State competition is $30. One song is chosen from a list of American Composers that Mrs. Statz has at the studio. The other song just needs to be from a different composer in a different style. While at the District event, students perform 2 pieces as listed above, at the state event, they only play their Required piece (by the American composer). To learn more you may also visit the Federation website: http://www.wfmc-music.org/
- This festival can provide a second opportunity for those entering in WMTA Auditions to be able to get some feed back on their songs before entering the WMTA Auditions in March.
- This festival can provide an opportunity for students who wish to not participate in the WMTA auditions but still participate in a festival and get feedback on their performance of prepared music.
- Students do enter both WMTA Auditions as well as Federation Festival. However, they may choose one or the other for a variety of reasons including available dates.
- Caleb B. - PP - Thirteen Robots by Kevin Olson
- Kate B. - P1 - Wee Small Bear by Nancy Faber
- Matthew B. - P4 - Haunted Hollow by Kevin Olson
- Grace H. - P1 - Sneaky by Kevin Costley
- Kietra M. - P3 - French Fries, Ice Cream by Wendy Stevens
- Cassell T. - E4 - Latin Holiday by Melody Bober;
- Pang V. - PI-Got Those Monday Blues by M. Bober;
- Damian W. - P4 - Pirates of the High Sease by Deborah Brady
- Jiayi Z. - P4 - Dog Bone Draw by Myra Brooks-Turner